Position: Logistics Coordinator
Location: The Woodlands, Texas (Flexibility policy), open to other locations
Status: Full-time, permanent
Are you known for your initiative and attention to detail? Are you described as an excellent team player able to deal quickly with a variety of complex situations? Do you have experience in logistics, with supply chain and are you looking for a new challenge in a stable and growing team? Take this opportunity to contribute to the success and growth of a great family business!
We are currently seeking an energetic, motivated and experienced professional to fill the position of Logistics Coordinator. As our US team expands, we are looking to add experienced supply chain professionals to our amazing team. As a Logistics Coordinator, you will be mainly responsible for handling all inbound and outbound shipments by effectively managing all facets of the transportation cycle in a cost effective and expeditious manner. Working within a team environment, that is business line focused, the position interacts with both internal and external customers to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
Do you have knowledge of a transportation management system, various report analysis and excellent problem-solving skills? Then read on, because this may be the right position for you!
We are looking for a candidate who fits well with our culture and is interested in a long career in a dynamic supply chain role. We offer you the opportunity to be part of a collaborative, innovative and determined team within a growing, people-oriented, ‘’Great Place to Work’’ certified organization. You will work with dynamic colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge with you.
Quadra Chemicals is one of North America's leading distributors of chemicals and ingredients. We have facilities across Canada and in selected markets in the United States. We are a growing company with a long-term commitment to our employees. If you are committed to excellence, you belong at Quadra. Our employees are professional and passionate about our business.
The main responsibilities are:
- Coordinate product flow by working in a fast-paced team environment to meet the needs of the client and internal stakeholders
- Utilize OTM to book inbound and outbound shipments, consolidate orders, optimize orders from a cost/service standpoint
- Utilize OTM to identify late deliveries and proactively resolve or notify stakeholders for resolution
- Resolve active delivery issues such as missed shipments, delays, missing paperwork or paperwork discrepancies, detention
- Carrier management, evaluation, development and market knowledge as it relates to safety, performance and rate negotiations.
- Responsible for compliance with EH&S and quality procedures
- Assist the commercial team by providing freight quotations and carrier suggestions in a timely manner
- Ensure that all necessary import documentation is available to optimize customs duties, brokerage and demurrage charges
- Responsible for ensuring accurate landed costs on orders are accurate including, terminal charges, demurrage, duty etc. Investigate any discrepancies, approve/audit freight invoices
- Assist in the managing of third-party warehouses/terminals by coordinating receiving schedules, outbound orders
- Responsible for working with carriers and internal stakeholders on damaged freight ensuring incidents are tracked through E1/Salesforce
- Assist in the training and support of personnel on Quadra’s business process related to warehouse, logistics and operations
- Assist in development, updating of Quadra procedures to meet the business processes
- Participate in TQM, ISO and responsible distribution initiatives
- Ensure service targets are achieved
- Problem solve and escalate supply and forecast issues
- Participates in the refinement and improvement of supply chain operational processes, systems and product delivery requirements
- University Degree or College Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience in supply chain, logistics or distribution preferably in food ingredients or pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and set priorities while working independently in a high-performance team culture
- Good knowledge of geography and proven mathematical skills
- Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in an advanced computer systems environment (E1/Oracle/SAP), transportation management system (OTM), Outlook, Salesforce, Power BI, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Background in Six Sigma or lean process improvement training is preferred
The perks of this role?:
- Essential Services Company
- Full time permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Performance incentive program
- Benefits program
- Programs offered to employees to improve their quality of life (Wellness)
- 401(K) with a match
- Private, family-owned company with a solid infrastructure
- Pleasant work environment on a daily basis (‘’Great Place to Work’’ and ‘’Best Managed Companies’’ certification!)
- Caring and having fun are part of our core values!
- A company that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Social activities organized by the company
- Referral program ($)
- Employee recognition program (years of service, merit awards, etc.)
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Texas, USA
- The Woodlands, TX, USA