Creative Content Producer
Working for both Ski Marmot Basin and the Jasper Skytram, the creative content producer supports a busy marketing and sales team in a variety of tasks. This is largely a production role, creating published, printed and electronic media assets. You’ll be working alongside external agencies and internal teams on a variety of projects such as, event promotion, product launches, special deals, social media campaigns, and branding.
Some aspects of this role will vary based on the ongoing and evolving needs of the company.
This is a full-time, year-round role, 40 hours per week.
Alberta Employment Standards regarding probationary periods apply.
Ideate and produce artwork for ad content across all print channels in line with Marmot Basin and Jasper SkyTram branding and audiences. Including but not limited to, billboards, banners, presentations, posters and leaflets.
Ideate and produce content for use across all digital channels, including both Marmot Basin and Jasper SkyTram websites, their respective social media platforms, e-newsletters and more.
Work with internal teams to produce assets and provide support for events at both Marmot Basin and Jasper SkyTram.
Take photographs and video of both Marmot Basin and Jasper Skytram for promotional use.
Contribute towards review and implementation of the overall marketing strategy.
- Respect and adherence to the company’s policies and procedures as set in the “Corporate Policies” and “Employee Handbook”
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience in direct marketing and other advertising sources, such as print and online.
- Experience with desktop publishing - Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Solid photography skills.
- Video production and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of Email Marketing platforms and principles.
- Strong intermediate to advanced level skier or snowboarder (for assignments on the hill).
- Social media experience an asset.
- Knowledge of UX an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task – there’s a lot going on and you will be working independently much of the time.
- Excellent communication skills – With customers, stakeholders and the entire Marmot Basin and Jasper Skytram team.
- Team player – we need someone who is willing and eager to support the team and all other departments for the overall betterment of the company.
- Able to work well independently – We are a small team and you are the only designer.
- Attention to detail – take pride in your work and get the details right.
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Innovator – we love new ideas
- Outgoing, energetic and an enthusiastic team player
- Strong team member and able to take direction
- Motivated and observant; able to perceive needed tasks and complete them independently
- Self-aware; able to identify strengths and gaps in own abilities and training
- Able to use taught skills and previous experience to problem solve
- Trustworthy and capable of working unsupervised
- Love of the mountains and the outdoors, skiing/snowboarding and a desire to live in the small community of Jasper.
Why work with us:
We’re a small team, and as such, this role is very varied. You could be out snapping a beautiful sunrise in the morning, and creating brochures in the afternoon. The bulk of the work is graphic design, but you’ll have the freedom to get creative and share your ideas.
Love the mountains and being outside? Then Jasper is for you. Our community is full of people who love the outdoors. There is so much to do in Canada’s largest Rocky Mountain national park.
You will be working with an energetic and friendly team who will give you support right from your first day.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Year-round
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Marmot Basin, 1 Marmot Road, Jasper, Alberta, Canada