Social Media Assistant
Roots is more than just an/the iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking a Social Media Assistant who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
The Social Media Assistant is a member of our Marketing team and will support the development and execution of strategic marketing partnerships and social media programming that drive both revenue and marketing in support of the business.
The Social Media Assistant for Roots will be responsible for and evaluated on the following:
- Engaging with and assist our online audience across various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok in a timely manner
- Liaising with Product and eComm teams to stay updated on new products, features, promotions, and events
- Coordinating with Customer Service and PR team regarding any relevant incoming messages from social
- Seek out, build, and maintain influencer relationships, and monitor and track all influencer post data
- Curating user generated content to be used on social, web and email
- Creating engaging copy for our TikTok channel using the Roots brand voice
- Updating the social shop each month with new collections and products to align with the social schedule
- Assisting with any additional marketing/content related tasks
Top candidates for the Social Media Assistant role will have the following:
- 1 - 2 years of managing social media communities for a brand
- Excellent knowledge of all social media platforms and best practices
- Strong understanding of social and digital KPI’s, as well as web traffic platforms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adjust work hours depending on deadlines
The Social Media Assistant role is eligible for:
- The Roots Work In Comfort (Flexible Work) program,
- A generous clothing allowance and employee discount
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.
- Pay Type Salary
- Head Office, 1400 Castlefield Ave, York, Ontario, Canada