All Sagkeeng CFS workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to the 7 Sacred Teachings: Respect, Love, Wisdom, Bravery, Truth, Honesty, and Humility. Sagkeeng CFS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment and professional development to Indigenous People.
To be considered, this position is designated for individuals who self-identify as Indigenous (including Status, Non-Status, Metis or Inuit people).
Job Summary and Qualifications
Areas of specialty:
Reporting to the Supervisor, this position is responsible for managing and assessing all intakes, determining risk factors using the Provincial assessment tools and providing interventions as required
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary Degree in the Social Sciences is acceptable. Other combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- Preferred minimum of one (1)year Intake/ direct working experience in child welfare;
- Must have working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations;
- Preferred experience in case management and planning, particularly in child welfare
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills; problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset
Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Deliver child and family services in accordance with Provincial and community standards
- Manage a caseload ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the CFS Act; attend to the specific needs of each case as required;
- Assess all incoming child welfare Intakes within the Community
- Provide the community culturally appropriate resources and referrals. In consultation with Supervisor(s),responds immediately to allegations of abuse/severe neglect, where child(ren) are at risk
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment.
Resumes can be sent to:
Mail: 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0
Deadline: Open until filled