Position: Land Based Mentors (Therapists)
Position Type: Permanent Fulltime
Immediate Supervisor: Psychotherapist
Location: Winnipeg/Sagkeeng Main Office
Salary Range: In accordance with the Provincial Salary Scale
Agency Benefits: Complete and comprehensive benefits plan which takes effect 6 months after employment.
Sagkeeng Child and Family Services is a First Nations CFS Agency who strives to recruit inspired, accountable, and driven individuals to join our diverse talented team of professionals. If you are an individual that is looking to commit and be a part of our progressive environment, we want you to be a part of our team!
General Duties (but not limited to):
- Provide exceptional counseling services to address client needs.
- Must have knowledge and experience in areas of trauma, depression, anxiety, abuse, loss, grief, self-esteem, suicide, and addiction.
- Must practice cultural humility and have knowledge and understanding working with diverse populations.
- Experience working in mentorship and land-based activities.
- Experience in utilizing land-based traditional ecological knowledge, to develop land-based healing activities.
- Must have proficient knowledge regarding the comprehensive issues relating to colonization, intergenerational trauma, and residential school trauma.
- Able to work with children, adult individuals, couples, and families.
- Knowledge in the teachings from the land and Elders.
- Experience in understanding how culture promotes healing.
- Knowledge and experience of the child welfare system considered an asset.
- Adhere to professional standards and best practices, in conjunction with those set out by Sagkeeng Child and Family Services.
- Maintains appropriate case notes, reports, and client documentation.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Preferred a minimum of an undergraduate degree in Social Work, Psychology or other Human Services field from an accredited university or college. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Functional computer skills required.
- Must have a computer and internet access for day-to-day operations and emails.
- Land-based mentorship healing: 1 year (minimum).
- Ability to navigate and knowledge of the Provincial CFS Data Base system
- Valid class five driver’s license, a reliable vehicle; and auto-loss of use
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered a definite asset.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
Resumes can be sent to:
Mail: 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0
Deadline: Open until filled
We thank all interested applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.