All Sagkeeng CFS workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to the 7 Sacred Teachings: Respect, Love, Wisdom, Bravery, Truth, Honesty, and Humility. Sagkeeng CFS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment and professional development to Indigenous People.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Areas of specialty:
We have an immediate opening for a Part Time Payroll Clerk to join our Finance Team at our Sagkeeng office. The appointee supports the Director of Finance in ensuring the payroll and benefit processing is in compliance with applicable federal and provincial regulations and according to company policies.
Providing assistance for multiple financial activities relating to the Agency’s bi-weekly payroll function, the successful candidate will timely and accurately enter/report payroll data for all salary and hourly employees. Processes and manages all benefit premium remittances, and all remittances to the Canada Revenue Agency and the Workers Compensation Board. This position is ideally suited for individuals who maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality and integrity, are well organized, and can perform at a high level while maintaining accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the current financial system.
- Answering employees' questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Calculating payable hours.
- Processing new employees, promotions, salary increases, terminations along with ROEs through our payroll software program.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports.
- Process the Agency’s payroll accurately and in a timely manner (bi-weekly)
- Set up employee deductions to collect premiums accordingly and remove terminated/retired employees as required.
- Manage all benefit additions/terminations to our insurance provider.
- Assists with year-end processes, including T4’s and other documentation.
- Coordination with Human Resources to ensure all on-boarding and new hire paperwork is complete.
- Process all garnishment and maintenance enforcement orders in accordance with the law.
- Other duties as assigned by Immediate Supervisor.
- Previous experience in a payroll department.
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial. Ie Ceridian Dayforce
- Proficient computer skills with various program experience – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Knowledge of Sage50 a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills, commitment to confidentiality and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good math and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to confidentiality and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
Resumes can be sent to:
Mail: 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0
Deadline: open till filled
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Hourly