Alternative Care Worker
WINNIPEG, 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Req #16
Friday, April 23, 2021
All Sagkeeng CFS workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to the 7 Sacred Teachings: Respect, Love, Wisdom, Bravery, Truth, Honesty, and Humility. Sagkeeng CFS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment and professional development to Indigenous People.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Areas of specialty:
The Alternative Care Services Worker provides consultation and expert advice to all concerns/complaints regarding Foster Care issues. The Alternative Care worker is responsible to provide support services to Foster Families to promote family based care. Services may include recruiting, training, matching and supporting Foster Families of SCFS. Finding temporary/permanent placements for children/youth. Home studies as well as conducting personal safety background checks and home visit assessments will be conducted.
• Preferred BSW degree or other Post-secondary degree in a related field from an accredited University. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum of 1 years experience working directly in the Child Welfare Profession. Preferred Foster Care Experience.
• A comprehensive understanding of the Child and Family Services Act, relevant Standards and Regulations.
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Experience and familiarity with Microsoft software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel Access, and PowerPoint).
• Proven ability to navigate and perform job duties as required on CFSIS database
• Valid full class 5 driver’s license and a reliable fully insured vehicle.
• The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Responds to enquiries/concerns regarding foster care.
• Foster Home Licenses are completed in accordance Provincial Regulations.
• Prepare foster file for review by Alternative Care Manager and Executive Director.
• Conducting yearly annual reviews on existing Foster Homes within the Agency
• Ensuring all necessary checks such abuse, criminal and prior are completed on each applicant
• Monitoring foster homes with licensing standards in regards to face-to-face contact.
• Developing foster parent recruitment strategies.
• Liaison with central coordination unit for foster homes.
• Manages foster care files as assigned by the Alternative Care Manager.
• Develops, organizes and participates in Agency activities relating to Foster Parent functions.
• Ability to open and close foster files.
• Ensures placement for children in care are dealt with in a timely fashion.
• Ensuring foster homes are entered on CFSIS.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
Resumes can be sent to:
Mail: 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0
Deadline: Open until filled
- Job Family Alternative Care
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
This posting is inactive.
- WINNIPEG, 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada