Direct Service - Direct Service Worker
COMMUNITY, PO Box 700, Pine Falls, Manitoba, Canada Req #17
Friday, May 14, 2021
Direct Service Worker
Reports to: Direct Service Supervisor
Department: Direct Service
Location: Sagkeeng First Nation
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Start date: As soon as possible
All Sagkeeng CFS workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to the 7 Sacred Teachings: Respect, Love, Wisdom, Bravery, Truth, Honesty, and Humility. Sagkeeng CFS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment and professional development to Indigenous People.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Areas of specialty:
To work jointly with the family in providing all necessary services that will reunify and/or preserve the family unit including lowering risk to children and families by linking those families to the resources to enhance the skill and ability of all family members.
• BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary Degree in Social Sciences is acceptable. Other combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
• A minimum of one (1) year of direct working experience in the child welfare profession is preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations.
• Experience in case management and planning, particularly with children and families in child welfare.
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
• Excellent problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
• Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
• The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Deliver child and family services in accordance with Provincial and Community standards.
• Manage a file caseload ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act, as well as attend to the specific needs of each case as required.
• Provide recommendations, plans and actions as required for the ongoing care and development of the children under their direct responsibility.
Qualified candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check, child abuse registry check, and a prior contact check as a condition of employment. Sagkeeng Community members and Indigenous candidates will be given preference and are encouraged to self-identify as being of Indigenous descent.
Resumes can be sent to:
Mail: 85 Muir Road, Winnipeg MB. R2X 2X7 or P.O. Box 700, Pine Falls MB. R0E 1M0
Deadline: open until filled
- Job Family Service
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes