Direct Service Worker (Future Consideration)
Department: Direct Services
Location: Sagkeeng First Nation
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Resumes Accepted: Will be added for Agency future considerations
All Sagkeeng CFS workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to the 7 Indigenous Teachings: Respect, Love, Wisdom, Bravery, Truth, Honesty, and Humility. Sagkeeng CFS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing employment and professional development to Indigenous People.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Agency is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for future Direct Service Worker (DSW) positions within our Agency. These resumes will then be considered for future considerations and possibly selected for interviews. Please identify the office location you are interested in working in your cover letter.
- Deliver child and family services in accordance with Provincial and Community standards.
- Manage a file caseload ensuring all cases are managed in accordance with the Child and Family Services Act, as well as attend to the specific needs of each case as required.
- Provide recommendations, plans and actions as required for the ongoing care and development of the children under their direct responsibility.
- BSW degree preferred; or Post-secondary Degree in Social Sciences is acceptable. Other combinations of education and related experience may be considered.
- A minimum of one (1) year of direct working experience in the child welfare profession is preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations.
- Experience in case management and planning, particularly with children and families in child welfare.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Valid class five driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- The ability to speak and/or understand the Ojibway language is considered an asset.
- Job Family Service
- Pay Type Salary