Shipper/ Receiver - Afternoon Shift
Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
Are you tired of being pushed to do more?
Come work for Skjodt- Barrett Foods where we value accuracy over speed but Health & Safety above all else. At Skjodt Barrett, we do not have case picking and you will only on occasion have to handle bomb individual cases, pails, etc. If you are dependable team player, can drive a reach and counterbalance and looking for a less hectic pace, would like to be part of a team environment where everyone is treated with respect, then come work for us! We have competitive wages, great benefits and much more!
SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for all typical areas of warehousing duties such as receiving, picking, shipping and putting away stock.
The successful candidate must have strong organizational and multitasking skills.
• Load, unload and put away product in a timely manner.
• Verify and complete documentation such as bills of lading, purchase orders, and packing slips.
• Communicate any inventory discrepancies to Supervisor, Warehouse.
• Maintain a clean, organized and efficient shipping area.
• Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
• Perform all other duties as requested.
• High school diploma required.
• Must be a certified Raymond Reach and Counterbalance Forklift Operator.
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in a warehouse distribution environment, preferably in a food processing environment.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, 5 Precidio Court,, Brampton, Ontario, Canada