Electrician - Night Shift
Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, test, install and repair electrical parts, equipment and systems.
• Safely work with Multiphase, High Voltage and Low Voltage electrical systems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve control networks, instrumentation, sensors, transmitters, PLC( SLC 500, PLC 5, Micro Logix’s, Control Logix’s), Power Flex VFD Drives, HMI, servo and control problems.
• Install, replace and repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits and other electrical components.
• Read and interpret work orders, safety rules, mechanical and electrical drawings, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
• Maintain accurate and complete records, document all work performed appropriately.
• Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor.
• Maintaining documentation as required by Electrical Safety Authority.
• Preparing electrical maintenance reports and providing recommendations for improvements.
• Conducting analysis of repetitive equipment failures.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Performing all other tasks that may be reasonably assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Maintenance Electrician in a Production, Packaging and/or processing setting.
• Must be a Licensed Electrician (442A)/309A and have knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code.
• Knowledge of electronics and automation.
• Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and multitasking skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond to urgent repairs.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $36.00
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, 5 Precidio Court,, Brampton, Ontario, Canada