Full-time Temporary Receptionist - Ottawa
Smart & Biggar has been at the forefront of IP and technology law for over 100 years. We practice in every area of IP on behalf of an exceptional international clientele, and we are consistently ranked as Canada’s leading IP firm. We are committed to hiring people with different backgrounds and experience, who represent the best talent in their field.
Our Ottawa office is currently recruiting for a Full-time Receptionist to join our team on a temporary basis for 12-14 months. The Full-time Receptionist role is an essential role working in our office, with adjusted responsibilities due to the pandemic. As the office gradually re-opens, responsibilities will adjust as needed.
- Answer and direct calls, including monitor office voicemails
- Receive and scan mail, send and receive courier deliveries and packages, coordinate courier invoices, and send out mail
- Handle incoming emails from potential clients
- Provide reception back-up for other offices
- Basic housekeeping duties in the office
- Assisting with booking travel
- Back-up and other duties may be assigned, as required.
Qualifications, competencies and experience:
- Previous reception/front desk or 5-star hospitality/corporate experience
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of professional client services and care
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone and use own initiative
- This role is English essential, but French language skills would be an asset
Smart & Biggar offers a comprehensive total rewards package including:
- A competitive compensation structure based on transparency, clarity and fairness
- A flexible benefits program
- Personal days to help balance personal and professional commitments
- Employee referral program
Smart & Biggar is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN), working to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our Firm and the broader legal profession. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada