General Labour - Unionville
Sheridan Nurseries Unionville is actively searching for:
Garden Centre General Labour
Seasonal, Full or Part Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of doing what’s right, being performance driven, learning, and growing as part of a team, and are externally focused with a bias for action, this position is for you!
About the Job:
Our General Labour positions comprise a number of different areas, including Guest Services and Yard Crew.
Our Guest Servers provide our customers with a high level of service, displaying a helpful and customer-focused attitude and ensuring all of our customers are acknowledged warmly and directed to the most relevant area of the store based on their needs, and assist with the carry-out of their purchases as required.
Our Yard Crew associates assist with the overall maintenance of our nursery yard, while off-loading, restocking, and watering and maintaining plant material.
Regular duties of these positions include unloading and stocking new product, loading purchases into guest vehicles, greeting guests, assisting with basic plant maintenance, including watering, and assisting with the overall cleanliness and maintenance of the store facilities. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable, and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Provides exceptional service to our guests in all aspects, including offering carry-out assistance with their purchases, and loading or unloading product as required.
- Greets guests as they enter the store and ensure that their needs are looked after by our sales staff.
- Manages store lineups and ensures compliance with our policies and protocols.
- Assists with maintaining the overall cleanliness of the store facilities, including entrances, parking lots, nursery yards, washrooms, and receiving and storage areas.
- Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service excellence, store readiness, cleanliness, and compliance with all Sheridan Nurseries policies.
- Assists with watering and maintaining live plant material and stocking of product as required.
- Strives to promote the best interests of Sheridan Nurseries consistently in all aspects of the business.
- Assists in other areas as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Friendly, outgoing, and personable with an enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally in and in accordance with the standards of Sheridan Nurseries.
- Hard working with the ability to follow direction and take initiative when needed, working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks and requests while setting priorities.
- Highly flexible with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn that allows you to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Previous retail experience and/or knowledge of horticulture is an asset.
- The ability to gain certification on operating forklifts and other equipment if required is an asset.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- This role will require the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including day, evening, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- The job requires extended periods of standing, as well as heaving lifting, bending and squatting at various times.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs continuously and work in various weather conditions and environments.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Unionville - 4077 Highway #7, 4077 Highway #7, Unionville, Ontario, Canada