Cashier - Etobicoke
Sheridan Nurseries Etobicoke is actively searching for:
Seasonal, Full or Part Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of doing what’s right, being performance driven, learning, and growing as part of a team, and are externally focused with a bias for action, this position is for you!
About the Job:
To delight our guests by delivering an unrivalled guest experience, sharing knowledge, passion, and expertise.
You are responsible to assist guests in the in-store checkout process. Main duties involve ringing up sales, bagging items, requesting price checks, collecting payment and giving appropriate change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Friendly, outgoing, and personable with an enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally and in accordance with the standards of Sheridan Nurseries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency, handling multiple demands and exhibiting strong problem solving skills.
- Customer focused by being passionate about delighting our guests.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work part as a team.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Previous retail cashier experience is an asset.
- Precise accuracy with money counting.
- Product knowledge or ability to learn.
Working Conditions and Environment:
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Etobicoke - 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada