Cashier - Mississauga
Sheridan Nurseries Mississauga is actively searching for:
Seasonal, Full or Part Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of doing what’s right, being performance driven, learning, and growing as part of a team, and are externally focused with a bias for action, this position is for you!
About the Job:
To delight our guests by delivering an unrivalled guest experience, sharing knowledge, passion, and expertise.
You are responsible to assist guests in the in-store checkout process. Main duties involve ringing up sales, bagging items, requesting price checks, collecting payment and giving appropriate change.
- Provide exceptional guest service by greeting them in a warm and timely manner, making every transaction a positive experience for the guest.
- Responsible for processing cash, debit and credit card transactions using all POS equipment, including the mobile POS system, according to Sheridan Nurseries' best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Accurately scan, verify quantities, descriptions, and prices when processing transactions.
- Resolve guest issues and answer questions.
- Direct guests to the appropriate salesperson if they need assistance.
- Wrap and package purchases as necessary.
- Perform opening and closing duties as it relates to cash.
- Maintain accurate paperwork regarding returns, exchanges, replacements, credits, gift cards, deliveries, plantings, etc.
- Stay updated on current promotions, flyers and in-store sales .
- Comply with company policies and health and safety regulations, and assist with keeping high store standards and housekeeping while working safely.
- Execute other duties as may be required by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Friendly, outgoing, and personable with an enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally and in accordance with the standards of Sheridan Nurseries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency, handling multiple demands and exhibiting strong problem solving skills.
- Customer focused by being passionate about delighting our guests.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work part as a team.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Previous retail cashier experience is an asset.
- Precise accuracy with money counting.
- Product knowledge or ability to learn.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- This role will require the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including day, evening, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- The job requires extended periods of standing, as well as being able to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Mississauga - 606 Southdown Road, 606 Southdown Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada