Sales - Etobicoke
Sheridan Nurseries Etobicoke is actively searching for:
Seasonal, Full or Part Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of doing what’s right, being performance driven, learning, and growing as part of a team, and are externally focused with a bias for action, this position is for you!
About the Job:
Our Garden Centre Sales positions comprise a number of different areas, including Nursery, Seasonal Plant, Garden Supply, and Home Décor. Our Sales Associates provide our guests with a high level of service and actively engage with our guests to ensure that they are sold the complete solution for all of their purchases.
Regular duties of these positions include actively selling department product, including suggesting all relevant add-ons and explaining the benefits of these products, actively supporting and promoting sales, marketing, and merchandising initiatives, and proving our guests with an exceptional shopping experience. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable, outgoing, and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and existing knowledge of our products and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Responsible for actively selling our guests the complete solution while providing exceptional customer service in all aspects.
- Greets guests as they enter the department and ensure that their needs are looked after.
- Actively promotes all related sales, marketing, and merchandising initiatives.
- Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service excellence, store readiness, cleanliness, safety and compliance with all Sheridan Nurseries policies and standards.
- Maintains and accurately complete appropriate paperwork regarding orders and deliveries.
- Assists with the maintenance and stocking of product as required.
- Strives to promote the best interests of Sheridan Nurseries consistently in all aspects of the business.
- Assists in other areas as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Friendly, outgoing and personable with an enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally in and in accordance with the standards of Sheridan Nurseries.
- Passionate about sales and our product offerings is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks and requests while setting priorities.
- Highly flexible with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn that allows you to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Previous retail experience and/or related product knowledge is an asset.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. Standing up for the majority of the shift with bending and squatting at various times is required.
- This role will require the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including day, evening, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Etobicoke - 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada