Receiver / Yard Foreperson - Scarborough
Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. At Sheridan Nurseries, we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being with flexible, comprehensive training programs.
Receiver / Yard Foreperson
About the Job
The duties of this position include inspecting and verifying incoming and outgoing goods against invoices or other documents at the garden centre while safely loading and unloading product from transport vehicles to and from storage areas in our warehouse and nursery yard.
- Responsible for maintaining internal record-keeping system for tracking shipping and receiving variances.
- Using RF scanner to record inventory of incoming products.
- Packing and unpacking merchandise, claiming for damaged goods and maintaining the storage facilities.
- Operating a forklift in accordance with the procedures and policies of the organization.
- Ensuring that general maintenance and housekeeping of the warehouse and receiving areas are maintained at a high standard.
- Other duties as requested, including customer interaction and service.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and proficiency with technology.
- Must have valid 'G' driver's license.
- Forklift experience is an asset, but not a requirement. Must be willing to be forklift trained if hired.
- Prior experience as a receiver, warehouse associate, or yard foreman is an asset.
- This position is required to work mornings, as well as some evenings and weekends as scheduled.
Physical demands of the job include:
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing up for the majority of the shift with bending, squatting, and heavy lifting at various times required.
- Working in a variety of weather conditions and environments, inside and outside.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Scarborough - 1774 Ellesmere Road, 1774 Ellesmere Road, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada