Garden Supply Sales Supervisor - Etobicoke
Sheridan Nurseries Etobicoke is actively searching for a:
Garden Supply Sales Supervisor
Permanent, Full Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivalled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of doing what’s right, being performance driven, learning, and growing as part of a team, and are externally focused with a bias for action, this position is for you!
About the Job
This supervisory role involves driving sales productivity of the Garden Supply categories, including Garden Care, Fertilizer, Tools, and Garden Supplies. This is achieved through selling, ordering, merchandising, marketing, and overall department supervision.
The successful candidate will be a leader who is driven, organized and have a strong guest service focus and an enthusiasm for sharing their knowledge, passion, and expertise. This is a full-time permanent position, and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension.
- Leading and training the Garden Supply Sales team in sales skills and product knowledge.
- Selling the complete solution while providing excellent service to guests.
- Managing inventory of Garden Supply while minimizing scrap and shrink.
- Merchandising and ensuring the floor presentation is meeting the corporate Standards of Excellence.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork associated with the Garden Supply department, including orders and invoices.
- Serve as a leader by setting the example for compliance with company policies and health and safety regulations, and assist with keeping high store standards and housekeeping while working safely.
- Strive to promote the best interests of Sheridan Nurseries consistently in all aspects of the business.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Quality leadership and retailing experience.
- Extensive knowledge base of garden care (including treatment of pest and disease), fertilizer, tools and accessories.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with an enthusiastic approach to selling and for providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally and in accordance with Sheridan Nurseries standards.
- High standard of professionalism with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency, handling multiple demands, setting priorities and exhibiting strong problem solving skills.
- This position will require full-time availability, with the flexibility to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled on a reasonable basis.
- The job involves extended periods of standing and work in various weather conditions, with bending and squatting at various times required, as well as being able to lift up to 50lbs.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Etobicoke - 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, 2069 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada