Sheridan Nurseries Head Office is actively searching for a:
Permanent, Full Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best
If you share our values of:
Then this position is for you!
About the Job
Reporting to the Manager of IT, the Business Analyst (BA) will work as part of the Information Services group to help guide the business with both delivery of new features, systems or processes, as well as operational improvements through supporting the requirements of gathering, design, build and implementation project phases for a series of initiatives across the organization. This is a permanent full-time position, and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipated requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimizing strategies.
- Stay up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Perform requirements analysis.
- Document and communicate results Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross functional teams and management.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce useful reports.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Perform, co-ordinate or otherwise support user acceptance testing.
- Update, implement and maintain procedures.
- Ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or MBA.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis or related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience in creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions.
- Experience working as part of an IT or Business team with full responsibility for the identification, development and documentation of business and system requirements, business and process modelling as well as business process improvement initiatives associated with custom developed or packaged solutions.
- Extensive experience in identifying system and process solution components, producing functional specifications for solution components as well as integrated solutions.
- Extensive experience in working with workflows, use cases, business data and rules. Quickly able to assimilate information that has been gathered and incorporate new information gathered into existing workflows, use cases and data rules. Proven experience using formal business process modelling notation techniques, use case and scenario development.
- Knowledge of and experience working within a project environment, including familiarization with project management processes and the project management life cycle.
- Understanding of or equivalent experience with Application Technology in a corporate environment, including but not limited to any of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Transportation Management, or Warehouse Management is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Experience with Process Documentation tools (eg. Visio, LucidChart, etc.).
- Ability to act autonomously.
- Experience in retail is preferred, however, not required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Salary