Assistant Field Grower - Container
Sheridan Nurseries Container Farm is actively searching for an:
Assistant Field Grower
Permanent, Full Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best
If you share our values of:
- Doing What’s Right
- Being Performance Driven
- Learning and Growing Together
- Being Externally Focused
- Having Bias for Action
Then this position is for you!
- As part of the Growing team, learn the requirements for a section of plants and oversee the crop.
- Lead a crew through the process for each stage of producing top quality container grown plants:
- Pruning, fertilizer, winterizing, IPM
- Assembly for sales
- Supervision, production reporting
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- Able to join other work crews as priorities require.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years experience in Horticulture or agriculture with some crop responsibility.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Organized with good record keeping skills.
- Resourceful and works well independently.
- This role is physically demanding and requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs and work in an outdoor environment in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work full-time hours including weekdays, with some evenings and weekends as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, June 21, 2021
- Container Farm - 12266 10th Line, 12266 10th Line, Container, Ontario, Canada