Garden Supply Sales Supervisor - Mississauga
Sheridan Nurseries Mississauga is actively searching for a:
Garden Supply Sales Supervisor
Permanent, Full Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of:
1. Doing What’s Right
2. Being Performance Driven
3. Learning and Growing Together
4. Being Externally Focused
5. Having Bias for Action
Then this is the position is for you!
About the Job:
The Garden Supply Sales Supervisor will be responsible for ordering all product within the Garden Supply Category, in addition to overseeing the upkeep and standards of excellence for their department, and providing product knowledge and actively selling all category product and related tie-in items to guests. This includes garden and lawn care products, fertilizer, bulk and bagged stone, soils and amendments, tools, fountains and statuary, outdoor water products, planters and pots, birding supplies and pond products.
As a leader in the Garden Centre, you are expected to take an active role in the learning, growth, and development through active coaching, mentoring, and leading by example while working safely and striving to promote the best interest of Sheridan Nurseries in all aspects.
- Provide leadership and direction to all Garden Supply Sales Associates, including holding all direct reports accountable and actively provide training, coaching, and mentorship.
- Be familiar with, and actively strive to achieve, store and Garden Supply Category sales targets.
- Assist guests by answering inquires, conveying product knowledge, and providing a high level of guest service while ensuring that the guest receives the complete solution to suit their needs.
- Oversee store-level Garden Supply Category inventory, ensuring quality standards are met while minimizing scrap, shrink, and aged inventory.
- Submit supplemental orders that allow for inventory levels to be maintained for maximum sales while also ensuring that inventory targets are met at year-end.
- Collaborate with receiving staff to ensure that all incoming Garden Supply product shipments have been accurately verified, priced, and displayed on the sales floor.
- Maintain department standards of excellence and visual merchandising standards.
- Actively seek to increase knowledge base of all Garden Supply category products and maintain a working knowledge of related illnesses and pests that may affect plant material.
- Work in conjunction with Store Management and the Joint Health & Safety Committee to ensure a safe work environment for all through active observations, hazard reporting, coaching on relevant health and safety best practices, and leading by example.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be enrolled in or have completed high school and be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Existing knowledge base of horticulture, specifically Garden Supply Category product and their applications, with an ability and commitment to learn and develop.
- Previous experience in retail, landscaping, and/or horticulture.
- Passion for the industry and position with an enthusiastic approach to selling and guest service.
- Leadership and organizational abilities, including effective teamwork.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions with an attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.Ability to adapt and prioritize multiple tasks and situations with effective time management skills.
- You are punctual and dependable, and highly value honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, as well as the ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mississauga - 606 Southdown Road, 606 Southdown Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada