IPM Crop Technician
Sheridan Nurseries Container Farm is actively searching for an:
IPM Crop Technician
Permanent, Full Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do.
If you share our values of:
- Doing What’s Right
- Being Performance Driven
- Learning and Growing Together
- Being Externally Focused
- Having Bias for Action
Then this position is for you!
- As part of the growing team you will monitor plant health and implement the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program for the Nursery. This includes:
- Monitoring and scouting of pests, traps, diseases, and beneficial insects
- Researching and implementing appropriate methods of pest control
- Responsible for training and supervision of trained Farm Assistants
- Coordination and application of appropriate pest control measures
- Monitoring effectiveness of products used for control measures
- Maintaining up-to-date records and reports
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- Able to join other work crews as priorities require.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong background in Plant Biology, Entymology and Phytopathology
- Have, or be willing to obtain, your Grower Pesticide Safety Certification
- Resourceful and work well independently
- Organized with good record keeping skills
- This role is physically demanding and requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs and work in an outdoor environment in a variety of weather conditions.
- Tractor experience would be an asset
- Ability to work full-time hours, with some evenings and weekends as seasonal peaks required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- Georgetown - 12266 10th Line, 12266 10th Line, Georgetown, Ontario, Canada