IT Support Analyst
Sheridan Nurseries Head Office is actively searching for an:
IT Support Analyst
Permanent, Full Time
Our Vision, Mission, & Values:
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivaled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of:
- Doing What’s Right
- Being Performance Driven
- Learning and Growing Together
- Being Externally Focused
- Having Bias for Action
Then this is the position is for you!
About the Job:
Reporting to the Manager of IT, the Support Analyst will provide first level on-call technical support at various distribution and retail locations, including the diagnosis of and resolution of issues, in addition to providing Quality Assurance support and contributing to ongoing process improvements.
- Provide first level on-call technical support, via telephone and email or directly with end users at various distribution and retail locations.
- Diagnose and resolve issues or refer to the applicable third-party hardware or software support vendor.
- Conduct on-site customer training and setup for new users and support deployment for new initiatives and projects.
- Provide Quality Assurance support for major initiatives and projects.
- Create and maintain content for a customer-facing knowledge base.
- Manage the administration of key support tools such as Zendesk.
- Create and/or contribute to ongoing process improvements and help maintain a top performing service and continuous improvement organization.
- Assist with implementation of best-of-breed workflows while leveraging the latest technology as we gradually shift to a cloud-first organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for technology, and experience in a retail or customer support environment.
- A degree or certificate in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, IT) is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in dealing with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong problem-solving and investigation skills to resolve customer issues to satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently and show good judgment in decision making based on process guidelines and customer satisfaction requirements.
- High degree of proficiency in English.
- Valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license or equivalent and access to a vehicle.
- This position will involve occasional travel to our locations within the Greater Toronto Area (please see our website for full list of locations).
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Georgetown - 12266 10th Line, 12266 10th Line, Georgetown, Ontario, Canada