Florist / Custom Designer
Sheridan Nurseries Scarborough is actively searching for a:
Florist / Custom Designer
Our Vision, Mission, & Values
At Sheridan Nurseries we aim to delight our associates, guests, and business partners in everything we do. Independently owned and operated for over 100 years, we are committed to growing the highest quality plants at our local farms, curating the best-in-class home, garden, and lifestyle products and services, delivering unrivalled guest service and satisfaction, and providing meaningful and rewarding careers to our employees. We always strive to inspire and share our knowledge, passion, and expertise to build confidence, loyalty, and trust, while protecting our planet with industry leading environmentally sustainable initiatives and giving back to our local communities and charities.
Our vision is “To inspire people to never stop growing”.
At Sheridan we seek people who will continually strengthen our culture. We work hard to ensure our culture is something we feel proud of and allows us to bring our best selves to work every day. And a great culture starts with values. We have clearly defined values which are embedded in everything that we do so that they are lived and breathed daily.
If you share our values of doing what’s right, being performance driven, learning, and growing as part of a team, and are externally focused with a bias for action, this position is for you!
About the Job
This position involves the daily creation of bouquets and floral arrangements, as well as custom design using a selection of other plant material. This is a seasonal, part-time position with the opportunity for full-time work in the future.
- Creation of floral arrangements and bouquets, which may include following pre-made recipes and filling guest orders based on their preferences, as well as custom design creations using live and dried plant material for the Fall and Christmas seasons.
- Maintaining the general upkeep of the floral shop area and custom desk.
- Accurately maintaining all electronic records and paperwork associated with guest orders and tracking all floral inventory.
- Responsible for selling our guests the complete solution and providing them with excellent service.
- Execute and coordinate merchandising according to Sheridan Nurseries standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A keen eye and understanding towards floral and custom design with previous experience in the industry.
- Experience creating arrangements for the fall/Christmas season preferred.
- Well organized and detail oriented, with some degree of technological proficiency, or the ability to learn our systems.
- Friendly and approachable, with an enthusiastic approach to guest service and sales.
- Knowledge of retail horticulture an asset.
- This position will be required to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled on a reasonable basis.
- The job requires extended periods of standing and work in various weather conditions and environments.
- Please be advised that being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 is a condition of employment (subject to any accommodation required under the Ontario
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Scarborough - 1774 Ellesmere Road, 1774 Ellesmere Road, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada