At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Technical Writer is responsible for conducting internal audits against existing procedures and providing gap analysis to ensure compliance to GxP and using findings to draft change controls for assessment of the Quality Department. The Technical Writer ensures and monitors adherence to all facility Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relating to current Health Canada regulation, GxPs and other applicable regulations. The Technical Writer supports in compiling document packages for shipment. This role will report to the Director, Quality.
As a Technical Writer you will:
- Compile technical information and documentation such as SOPs and batch records from Production and other departments as needed
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial specifications, and adheres to company standards for quality, format, and style; process working copies in and out of the department
- Work closely with internal customers to document solutions to improve existing processes
- Meet with core departments such as Research and Development, Engineering and other key teams to review their activities and support the creation of documentation
- Audit on the floor activities versus SOPs to ensure constant accurate process flow
- Interview production and engineering personnel and read manuals and other material to become familiar with equipment technology
- Creation of Certificate of Manufacturing and Certificate of Analysis
- Prepare in production batch record for QAP release
- Ensure all processes and corresponding documentation are compliant with current Cannabis Regulations
- Other tasks as assigned from Quality Assurance Management
As a Technical Writer you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary education
- 1-2 years proven experience working in a technical writing position, preferably in a Manufacturing environment
- GMP experience is an asset
- Able to create detailed documentation and procedural writing that can be easily understood and shared with multiple audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada