At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
Reporting to the Production Planning Manager, this role will be responsible for upstream and downstream planning and scheduling from raw materials to production and distribution utilizing the Enterprise Resource Management System (ERP) for accurate available inventory quantities to ensure timely delivery to customers.
As a Planner/Scheduler you will:
- Establish production and inventory plans and schedules for upstream (raw material input to extraction) and downstream (production, packaging, labelling, and distribution)
- Monitor, analyze, plan, and execute daily production schedules
- Utilize MS Dynamics Business Central (ERP) consistently in day-to-day activities with an aim to have the information in the ERP continuously up to date
- Create, maintain, and receive the work orders on MS Dynamics Business Central (ERP)
- Monitor Work Order data integrity in the ERP system based on the current status of production orders and materials
- Maintain records/documentation relating to raw material and customer orders
- Compile progress reports of work order completion and any downtime in order to inform the appropriate team of any issues
- Monitor production targets and ensure they are met daily to ensure the on-time delivery of orders
- Provide ongoing metrics related to Planning and Scheduling to management
- Make recommendations for efficiency improvements to master schedule in order to minimize company cost and meet delivery deadlines
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Production Planning Manager
As a Planner/Scheduler you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, finance, or other relevant fields
- 1-2 years’ experience with resource and production planning/scheduling and collaborating with demand and supply professionals in a manufacturing environment (experience in a Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) preferred)
- Supply Chain accreditation (CPIM, CSCP, SCMP) considered an asset
- Experience with ERP Software (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft NAV/Business Central Dynamics)
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and statistical knowledge
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada