Manager, Forecasting & Sales Analytics
At Valens, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
We each have our unique story, but we have a common goal of creating exceptional products with the end user in mind. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by recognizing the role that everyone has played in it. It is about growing together, learning together and making a positive difference.
AT VALENS, IT’S PERSONAL.
Reporting to the Vice President of Recreational Sales, the Manager, Forecasting & Sales Analytics will fill a critical role in the Sales Team team working closely with the Provincial and Retail sales leaders, Supply Chain, Business Development, & Operational teams. The individual in this role will be responsible for creating and implementing disciplined sales forecasting and analysis to build a reliable forecast for future product demands to help drive operational priorities and execution. Furthermore, this role will require a technical ability to synthesize multiple data inputs and create consolidated dashboards that best illustrates meaningful insights for planning and decision making.
As a Manager, Forecasting & Sales Analytics you will:
- Create and implement effective sales forecasting and analytical tools based on industry trends and demand patterns
- Define and maintain the overall sales forecast for finished products by shipping point
- Develop the statistical forecast which is used to drive purchasing decisions based on supply targets and KPIs
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- Propose and implement solutions to improve sales forecast accuracy
- Support the sales and marketing team in the development of the sales plan with high involvement on the decision-making process
- Maintain regular contact with Sales & Business Development teams in order to understand customer needs
- Update customers and sales team about product availabilities
- Maintain inventory levels based on future customer demands
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demands during constrained supply
- Provide support in developing seasonal sales forecasts and anticipate customers reactions to promotions and discounts
- Conduct weekly and monthly forecast maintenance
- Schedule monthly forecast meetings with all customers as required
- Ability to consolidate multiple data inputs into useable and repeatable sales dashboards
- Support the sales performance review process by providing key sales insights that will support actions and decision making.
As a Manager, Forecasting & Sales Analytics you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, supply chain or other relevant fields required, CPA designation and/or MBA degree are considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with CRM systems
- Strong analytical, mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Expert user in Excel Suite for data management, reporting and data analysis
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the Valens team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that are selected for next steps in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Valens Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a welcoming, inclusive, diverse and safe workplace where all of our team members have equal opportunity to succeed. We know this begins with recruitment. To honor our commitment, Valens encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, ages and abilities.
Please note that The Valens Company does not utilize social media to hire employees, nor does it ever charge fees to candidates at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly and the address ends in @thevalenscompany.com. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call from, for, or on behalf of The Valens Company, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Valens Company, 230 Carion Rd, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
- The Valens Company, 409 King St West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada