Vet Student Rotation & EMS Opportunities Across Canada
You were made to save animals, we take care of the rest.
- Alberta – Morinville
- British Columbia – Vancouver Island
- New Brunswick – Moncton
- Ontario – Sudbury
Also referred to as Extra Mural Studies (EMS), a rotation/externship program gives the opportunity for students to gain additional practical experience in a clinical setting while focusing on building technical and interpersonal skills.
EMS placements are designed to give you the opportunity to further practice animal-handling and clinical skills that you first learn at university, as well as gain experience dealing with clients and with members of the veterinary team. The program also helps you to prepare for work, and introduces you to the important concept of lifelong learning and reflective practice.
EMS allows students to:
- Gain real life experience
- Expand your network
- Understand the demands and rigour of the profession
- Be exposed to working with specialists (in some cases)
- Act as a job preview for future career opportunities
What to Expect:
An external rotation/EMS is unpaid training on the job and can have a duration of 1-3 weeks. As a student, you will be assigned a mentoring doctor who will supervise your technical skills and work with you to implement an exposure plan during your placement. At the end of the placement, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Rotations or EMS are available for 3rd and 4th (or final) year students in an AVMA accredited DVM program
- Available for a minimum of 1 week and up to 3 weeks
- Students are responsible for their accommodation and all relevant expenses (free boarding is available at 11 of our hospitals)
*Selection is based on availability at the preferred hospital. It is recommended to book your rotation/EMS a minimum of 6-8 months in advance.
For more information send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not miss out on this unique opportunity to join a fun and dynamic team!
- Alberta, Canada
- British Columbia, Canada
- Manitoba, Canada
- New Brunswick, Canada
- Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Nova Scotia, Canada
- Ontario, Canada
- Quebec, Canada
- Saskatchewan, Canada