P.T. Maintenance Partner (Building Operator Level 1)
This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
Brookstreet has been awarded:
- 2019 CAA 4 Diamond Award
- 2019 Favourite Hotel Faces Magazine Award
- 2019 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Brookstreet Hotel
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Employee assistance program
- Leadership development training program
- Safety Boot Allowance
- Basic hand tools provided
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
Salary Range: $18.00 - $21.00/hour
- 2 years minimum Maintenance and HVAC operational experience in a hotel or commercial / office space or retail mall setting (preferred but not mandatory).
- Alternatively, a combination of related experience and current enrollment in a trade recognized program such as BOMI SMT or a college certificate course such as a 4th Class Operating Engineer. If not currently enrolled in a program, enrollment in a certificate program required upon completion of 6-month probationary period.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule:
- 7:00AM – 3:00PM
- 3:00PM – 11:00PM
- 11:00PM – 7:00AM
- Must be adaptive and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in sometimes high-pressure situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills a must as you will be dealing with the public, Staff and VIP guests.
- Knowledge of pool chemistry an asset, enrollment in certificate program required immediately upon commencement of employment (paid for by the company).
- Ability to navigate Building Automation Systems and automated lighting control system.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to strict Life Safety and Health and Safety codes, practices and testing procedures.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Must be comfortable working at heights and temperature extremes. Certification paid for by the company.
- Clean Driving record with G Class License
- Smart Serve Certified.
Complete building maintenance: Including but not limited to the following:
- Pool Testing, cleaning and treatment.
- HVAC preventative maintenance program.
- Assist third party contractors as required.
- Minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Fire and Life Safety Systems monitoring, maintenance and repairs.
- Closed / open water loop treatment and testing.
- Partner, guest and departmental service requests.
- Actively participate in the Emergency Response Team.
- Extensive log entries and record keeping.
- Minor patching and painting.
- Assist with Security as required, monitor and direct third party security personnel.
- Ability to receive and distribute consumable items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Apply online, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada