F.T. Hourly Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Work location will be at Brookstreet Hotel. This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
The Marshes Golf Club at Brookstreet brings one of the nation's finest golf experiences to the doorstep of Ottawa’s thriving business community, with a professional team that offers development golf coaching programs and lessons that ensure positive evolution in all golfers at all levels.
This is an exciting opportunity for an organized, passionate and service oriented individual, with a focus on getting results. Supporting the Vice President, Human Resources and the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Administrative Assistant will collaborate with leaders and employees to facilitate the smooth operation of the administrative aspects of the human resources function within the Brookstreet Hotel and the Marshes Golf Course.
- Minimum of one year experience in an administrative position. Strong administrative skills are a must for this role.
- College Diploma/Certificate or equivalent; preferably in an administrative field.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Computer skills; specifically, with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on quality, organization, integrity, and guest service.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work 8:30am to 5:00pm, Tuesday through Friday, and be available for occasional days for special events
Hourly Rate and Hours Scheduled:
- $17.00 to $17.50 per hour.
- Average weekly hours: 32 hours per week.
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking;
- We will feed you! Employee cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more;
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them);
- Paid personal days;
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family;
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café;
- Great social events including; annual Employee gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, Employee appreciation week and more;
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations;
- RRSP for part time Employees;
- Medical Benefits & DPSP provided for full time Employees;
- Employee assistance program with additional perks;
- Providing administrative support for all aspect of human resources including recruitment, benefits, employee training, employee communication, employee events and recognition programs, as well as health and safety.
- Manage and post on recruitment boards internal and external; schedule in person, phone or virtual interviews; maintain follow ups with Human Resources Manager and initiate employment offers.
- Answering a wide variety of inquiries from co-workers and from prospective employees, in person, over the telephone and via email, in a timely manner.
- Participate and help co-chair the monthly healthy and safety committee meetings, such as taking meeting minutes, and data entry for repair logs.
- Composing correspondence as required i.e. bank letters, employment letters, mail merges and response letters.
- Managing all office administration duties (office equipment, supplies, forms, employee lockers, orientation preparation) ensuring smooth paper flow and maintaining the orderliness of the office.
- Aiding in the creation of policies and forms.
- Track and manage staff recognitions programs, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Assisting with the logistics of in-person and virtual employee events (Gala, Christmas Party and meetings).
- Supporting the Strategic Leadership Team based on request.
- Other duties and administrative tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Human Resources and the Human Resources Manager.
- Candidates may be required to perform testing involving policy writing, replying to correspondence, attention to details and Microsoft Office.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applicants who do not submit both documents, will be passed on.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 29, 2021
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada