F.T. Food and Beverage Partner Lead
Position: F.T. Food and Beverage Partner Lead (Food and Beverage Shift Supervisor).
Brookstreet has been awarded:
- 2019 CAA 4 Diamond Award
- 2019 Favourite Hotel Faces Magazine Award
- 2019 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Brookstreet Hotel
The Food and Beverage Partner Leader (Food and Beverage Shift Supervisor) will assist and direct food and beverage partners in providing sensational experiences for our guests in the Perspectives Restaurant, Options Jazz Lounge, In-Room-Dining, and B Café located in Kanata.
Reports To: Food and Beverage Management Team
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
- Leadership development training program
- Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience preferred
- Previous Point of Sale system experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Suite applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience in coaching and development
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Supervise the F&B Outlet staff in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Maximize revenues by upselling and following budget guidelines
- Handle guest concerns, reacting quickly and professionally
- Have full knowledge of all menus and promotions
- Ensure Partners have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods being served in the Food & Beverage Outlet
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Ensure that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are practiced
- Motivation of staff to perform at their highest abilities
- Provide support and leadership to Food and Beverage outlet staff and other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Must exhibit an excellent service attitude and be willing to go out of their way to accommodate the guests and exceed their expectations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to meet the changing needs of guests.
- Must maintain a level of professionalism and communicate effectively.
- Must show enthusiasm for the job, the restaurant and the hotel.
- Must be considerate, patient and willing to help out fellow team members
- Must have a good self-image and be able to command the respect of the team.
- Must be able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times.
- Must handle guest complaints according to policies and procedures.
- Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada