P.T. 2nd Commis (2nd Line Cook)
The Brookstreet is a 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community in Kanata and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Brookstreet has been awarded:
- 2019 CAA 4 Diamond Award
- 2019 Favourite Hotel Faces Magazine Award
- 2019 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Brookstreet Hotel
The Marshes at Brookstreet brings one of the nation's finest golf experiences to the doorstep of Ottawa’s thriving business community, with a professional team that offers development golf coaching programs and lessons that ensure positive evolution in all golfers at all levels.
The Marshes has a 150-seat restaurant and banquet/conference centre located on a world renowned golf course in Kanata, Ottawa, Ontario.
Why Work for us?
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
Reports to: Executive Chef
Work Location: Brookstreet Hotel and the Marshes Golf Club
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, able to multitask and act under pressure
- Culinary and food preparation knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a 2nd Commis role
- Ability to take initiative
- Must be available for shifts work
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized culinary program/post-secondary institution
- Support, develop and assist in operational tasks alongside the Sous Chef.
- Facilitate all departmental duties in lieu of the Sous Chef.
- Develop new ideas while maintaining a common vision with the Brookstreet culinary team.
- Ensure a time management approach is implemented while ensuring team members complete tasks as assigned.
- Implement and lead a multi task environment
- Maintain a clean and efficient environment.
- Full knowledge and understanding of all recipes and the derivative application in the pastry shop.
- Inventory and product levels to be managed effectively.
- Successful training techniques to be displayed while orientating team members on recipe methods.
- Manage food cost and ability to work with varying products on a daily basis
Email your resume to email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada