Full Time Star Service Partner ( Switchboard operator)
Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada Req #252
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Looking for employment and want to stay ahead of the competition? Do you want to work for a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? If you’re ready to break the bonds of chain-affiliated hotel regimes and achieve service excellence, Brookstreet is the place to be! This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
Star Service Partner (Switchboard Operator)
Brookstreet Hotel, - Ottawa
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
- Leadership development training program
- Starting wage: $16.50 per hour
- Handle all Guest requests promptly and efficiently.
- Provide information on hotel services.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the following departments: Housekeeping, Guest Services, Maintenance, Room Service and Outlets.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all departments dealt with on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate records of all guest and partners requests.
- Perform wake-up call services.
- Handle and distribute guest faxes.
- Perform emergency calling procedures.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Strong telephone skills with previous working experience an asset.
- Strong typing and clerical skills, organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and English communication skills.
- Bilingual an asset.
- Proven ability to handle many conflicting priorities at any given time.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- A passion for Guest service and team spirit.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Career oriented with a passion to grow within the department.
- Knowledge of the Kanata and Ottawa area is an asset.
- Must be available for all shifts including weekends & holidays based on business volumes.
Brookstreet is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Brookstreet Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.50
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada