Part Time Banquet Partner (Server)
Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada Req #246
Thursday, July 29, 2021
Looking for employment and want to stay ahead of the competition? Do you want to work for a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? If you’re ready to break the bonds of chain-affiliated hotel regimes and achieve service excellence, Brookstreet is the place to be! This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cohesively in a team setting or on an individual basis
- Ability to focus attention on details and multi task
- Previous experience in food and beverage, especially in bartending is an asset
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize job duties
- Must be available for all shifts including, evenings, weekends & holidays based on business volume
- Enthusiastic, energetic, passionate, resourceful & creative
- Bartending experience an asset
- Must be physically able to lift/push/pull heavy items minimum 50 pounds weight
- Must be Smart Serve Certified
- Executing events and meal functions ensuring exceptional service following the requests per the (SEO) Special Event Order
- Liaison with the Culinary team ensuring a smooth and efficient process for food pick up and service
- Ensure that work is conducted according to the Banquet SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)
- Completing physical room set ups and food & beverage set ups per the SEO & SOP
- Communicating shift pass off from day to night to ensure smooth transition for next partner shift. Indicating proper out inventory for breaks and consumptions are written for billing
- Communicate information given from the on-site contact to the floor lead for follow up
- Ensure that work is conducted keeping Health & Safety of oneself, colleagues & guests top priority.
- Report any broken banquet equipment to be repaired & remove from service bringing to the proper location for repair.
- Regularly maintain the Starbucks equipment including the cleaning and proper handling
- Completing opening and closing duties on every shift
- Working hands-on in all aspects of the banquet department, including potential of bartending and coat check shifts.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the banquet rooms, deep cleaning per schedule (shutter vacuuming, hi & low dusting etc.)
Brookstreet is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Brookstreet Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada