Flex Fitness Supervisor
Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada Req #268
Thursday, August 26, 2021
Looking for employment and want to stay ahead of the competition? Do you want to work for a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? If you’re ready to break the bonds of chain-affiliated hotel regimes and achieve service excellence, Brookstreet is the place to be! This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
Reporting to the Flex Fitness Studio Manager, this position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operational tasks of Flex Fitness Studio.
- Responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of Flex Fitness Studio to ensure that the team understands and achieves or exceeds its set goals
- Assist in recruitment, training, and coaching of all Flex Fitness Studio partners
- Obtain guest feedback and handle guest issues quickly and efficiently, whilst providing highest quality level guest service
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently
- Assist in preparing work schedules and authorizing timesheets in Dayforce
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and maintain a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
- Assist in monitoring all new, existing and renewal membership sales sign-ups
- Assist in conducting month end reports to include inventories
- Assist in carrying-out connection meetings and planning performance reviews
- Responsible for reporting Flex maintenance issues and repairs
- Ensure that an updated equipment log remains at the front desk and that any broken or damaged equipment is replaced within a short period of time.
- Ensure and monitor daily inventory and sales of all retail products
- Ensure high-end cleanliness throughout the facility
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a gym environment is an asset
- Leadership experience in the hospitality industry is an asset
- Strong professionalism, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy and be able to cooperate with other departments to foster and promote a harmonious working climate to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Highly proficient in Windows O/S and Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Valid First Aid & C.P.R
- Experience with V1 Accounting and Scheduling an asset
- Personal Trainer Certification an asset, Business or Science Degree/Diploma an asset
- Must be able to work flexible hours open to close Monday to Sunday.
Brookstreet is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Brookstreet Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, Ontario, Canada