Commercial Account Manager (Fort Frances, ON)
Westland Insurance Group Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Account Manager in our Fort Frances office in Ontario. You will bring together strong technical skills and general insurance knowledge in this retention focused role. You will have an assigned Commercial book of business of small and mid-size Commercial accounts. You demonstrate confidence in problem solving and creative thinking while continuously expanding your knowledge. You are proactive in taking on more responsibilities while developing your skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities
- Continued development and education program
The Commercial Account Manager will be responsible for managing a select group of accounts and is ideally suited for an experienced broker who provides the highest level of client service.
In this role you will:
- Manage policy renewals, policy changes and cancellations in accordance with Client Service Strategy.
- Obtain, review, and submit underwriting information.
- Identify exposure to loss and recommend appropriate coverage.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships through proactive contact via phone, letter and email.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Employ expertise in the use of software and applications to manage leads and sell insurance.
- Delivering exceptional client service resulting in high level of retention.
- Mentor peers and support the professional growth of the team.
- Providing support to clients through the claims process.
- Collecting premiums on outstanding accounts receivables.
Here’s what you bring:
- Insurance Broker Level 2 License
- Minimum 2 years’ insurance experience
- Commercial insurance knowledge preferred
- Strong communication and customer service
Westland Insurance Group is one of the largest and fastest-growing independent property and casualty insurance brokers in Canada. With a national network of 170 locations and over 2,000 employees, the company continues to expand coast to coast. Westland's brokers provide expert advice to home, business, farm, life, and auto insurance clients. Since its founding in 1980, Westland has remained a family-owned company that is committed to supporting its local communities. For more information, please visit
Westland Insurance Ltd. is an inclusive organization that values diversity in its workforce. We listen, champion equality and diversity, and create safe welcoming spaces where everyone has a voice and is free to be themselves.
Westland Insurance Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at
- Fort Frances, ON, 326 Church Street, Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada