Manager, Commercial Services Management (CSM)
Westland Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Commercial Services Management (CMS) in our Fort Frances, Ontario office. We are looking for a career minded individual who is focused on growing their insurance industry knowledge and experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities
- Continued development and education program
The Manager, Commercial Services Management (CSM) will be a collaborative and versatile member of the management team who will oversee all service operations of commercial lines insurance sectors within Gillons. The Manager CSM will report directly to the CEO. In this role, the Manager CSM will be responsible to oversee all service functions within sectors of Business Insurance at Gillons. In general, this role will be the most customer-centric person on the service team.
In this role you will:
- Ensure all commercial service functions operate under one platform and are consistent across Gillons. This will involve identifying needs and finding creative approaches to service and at the same time enhancing the customer experience.
- Ensure we are always moving towards a seamless workflow that has consistent procedures, standards and policies in place.
- Create a team culture within the sector that helps foster the desired direction of the Gillons service model.
- Ensure the service operation operates with the right balance of labour costs and technology as technology advances and client’s needs evolve.
- Ensure retention and other defined targets are met within the team.
- Ensure sales opportunities are realized through a systematic approach that identifies referral opportunities from our existing client base.
- Managing all Service Team members directly and associated staff indirectly.
- Ensuring staff expectations, staff appraisals and training meet the direction of Gillons.
- Ensure all employees are promoting the Gillons brand
- Keep up to date with the wider marketplace, regulatory environment, legal and ethical requirements which will keep Gillons “leading edge” in customer service.
- The manager will be considered a “working manager” which means there will be an expectation to have a service book to manage. It will be smaller in scale but a necessary component to be an effective manager.
Here’s what you bring:
- RIBO license required
- Management experience or similar training is preferred but we will develop the right individual if this isn’t the case
- Must be highly proficient with computers, excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheets, and database systems) Technical and Software experience required
- Experience with SIG/COMXP
- Must have previous customer/client interface experience and the ability to handle client issues in a professional manner
- Proven performer
- Work well in a high pressure/target driven environment.
- Good knowledge of the insurance industry
- Absolute team player
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule as needed
- Committed to ongoing learning and professional development
- Ability to manage a team with different focuses and be able to pull the team to a common platform.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Service Team and be able to communicate to different personalities within the team.
- Ability to steer the teams focus and energy on customer service and how to balance time spent on delivering customer experiences with time spent reacting to customer service issues.
- Ability to handle difficult customer service situations when the front line teams cannot solve them. This ultimately comes down to powerful communication skills. This requires the manager to have great prioritization and organization skills and be very proactive in these situations followed through by great execution.
- Be a great motivator. As a great motivator, the manager will have the ability to create a culture that works proactively versus reactively and the ability to instill this concept in the team.
- Someone who tries harder themselves and is always inspiring the team to look for ways to make a difference for their customers, co-workers and Gillons.
- The ability to empathize with the challenges the teams face in situations where a customer is upset with them, when outdated or new workflows are bothering them or when teams are under resourced.
- Ability to instill trust in the team.
- Ability to think strategically (high level) and to lead implementation.
- Are results driven individual who can multi-task and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills that are crisp and effective.
- Ability to address performance issues when encountered. Higher level issues would be referred to the HR.
Westland Insurance Group is one of the largest and fastest-growing independent property and casualty insurance brokers in Canada. With a national network of 170 locations and over 2,000 employees, the company continues to expand coast to coast. Westland's brokers provide expert advice to home, business, farm, life, and auto insurance clients. Since its founding in 1980, Westland has remained a family-owned company that is committed to supporting its local communities. For more information, please visit
Westland Insurance Ltd. is an inclusive organization that values diversity in its workforce. We listen, champion equality and diversity, and create safe welcoming spaces where everyone has a voice and is free to be themselves.
Westland Insurance Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at
- Job Family Active Jobs and Positions
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Frances, ON, 326 Church Street, Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada