WalterFedy has big plans for the future and we
need the best talent to make it happen. As a multi-discipline architecture,
engineering and construction firm, the business is always evolving. Our team
needs to be agile, ambitious and persistent in the pursuit of our shared
We have a long history in the Waterloo Region, but that doesn’t mean we’re old-fashioned. We strive to push the envelope, think differently and address everything we do with creativity. When we consistently approach projects in inventive ways, clients get better results, our team thrives and we challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
At WalterFedy, collaboration is a key part of our identity. With so many talented professionals under one roof, you’ll find cross-discipline support for your projects is always within reach. Our team is made up of the industry’s best architects; civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineers; technologists; energy and carbon specialists; asset and facility management specialists; construction managers and corporate services professionals. Together, we’re building better communities with smart, influential design.
What We Love
- You are relentless in your pursuit to be the best
- You are a big picture thinker who understands how to effectively listen to clients and build consensus
- You sweat the details in your commitment to meet our client’s high expectations
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
- You are proactive, constant and consistent with your communication to both our client and our project team
- Guide the creative process culminating in intelligent, innovative and sustainable workplace design solutions
- Co-ordinate activities of in house architects, engineers, other consultants and vendors
- Manage resources with emphasis on efficiency and quality of work
- Improve internal processes, approach or tools within area of expertise
- Consult with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, and purpose and function
- Research materials and design concepts
- Estimate material requirements and costs, and present design to client for approval
- Manage project budgets and schedules in interior design
- Meet with vendors, suppliers and contractors
- Review interior needs with sales representatives and vendors to determine who can provide the best service
- Develop standards for WalterFedy as required for interior design process
- Membership with ARIDO and/or IDC
- Design development experience including finishes and material selections, rendering and preparing concepts
- Excellent time management abilities to balance several competing deadlines and handling multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in post-secondary, corporate interior, and high-end residential projects
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or diploma with NCIDQ certification would be considered assets
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
- Competitive vacation
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations
- Employee referral program
- Employee social club – employees enjoy a variety of recreational and cultural events
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about.
How to Apply
Please apply above. You can also visit our website for more career opportunities www.walterfedy.com/careers.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Interior Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Kitchener, ON, Canada