Engineering Project Manager
WalterFedy has big plans for the future and we
need the best talent to make it happen. As a multi-discipline architecture,
engineering and construction firm, the business is always evolving. Our team
needs to be agile, ambitious and persistent in the pursuit of our shared
We have a long history in the Waterloo Region, but that doesn’t mean we’re old-fashioned. We strive to push the envelope, think differently and address everything we do with creativity. When we consistently approach projects in inventive ways, clients get better results, our team thrives and we challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
At WalterFedy, collaboration is a key part of our identity. With so many talented professionals under one roof, you’ll find cross-discipline support for your projects is always within reach. Our team is made up of the industry’s best architects; civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineers; technologists; energy and carbon specialists; asset and facility management specialists; construction managers and corporate services professionals. Together, we’re building better communities with smart, influential design.
In this client-facing role, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of projects from inception through completion. This role will actively lead, direct and manage projects with a forward-thinking, solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure customer and project team success, and will have the authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the customer in all routine matters associated with the project.
You will collaborate with clients to understand and manage their expectations. You will also monitor project performance and manage the internal team to ensure successful project delivery.
This role will likely focus on project management of mechanical and electrical healthcare infrastructure upgrade projects.
What We Love
- You are relentless in your pursuit to be the best
- You are a big picture thinker who understands how to effectively listen to clients and build consensus
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
What You Will Do
- Actively participate and oversee the entire project life cycle from preliminary services through project implementation, providing leadership, client input/feedback and general direction
- Collaborate with clients to develop project scope and proposal during the project pursuit phase
- Work with the design team, developing and monitoring design strategies to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery
- Support and maintain existing customer relationships and develop new relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians and construction personnel
- Manage all aspects of client relationship, including meeting with clients, progress reporting and the resolution of issues as required
- Coordinate the preparation of engineering specifications, drawings, quantity and cost estimates, ensuring they meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Effectively utilize current/new design and project management technology
- Prepare reports, proposals, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required
- Monitor project budget hours and project schedule, taking corrective action as required
What We Need
- Degree or diploma in Science, Business or Engineering
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Minimum 2 years in a client-facing role
- P.Eng designation with a focus on mechanical or electrical engineering would be an asset
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
- Competitive vacation
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations
- Employee referral program
- Employee social club – employees enjoy a variety of recreational and cultural events
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we support Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about.
How to Apply
Please apply above. You can also visit our website for more career opportunities www.walterfedy.com/careers.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton, ON, Canada