Intermediate Architectural Technologist
WalterFedy has big plans for the future and we
need the best talent to make it happen. As a multi-discipline architecture,
engineering and construction firm, the business is always evolving. Our team
needs to be agile, ambitious and persistent in the pursuit of our shared
We have a long history in the Waterloo Region, but that doesn’t mean we’re old-fashioned. We strive to push the envelope, think differently and address everything we do with creativity. When we consistently approach projects in inventive ways, clients get better results, our team thrives and we challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
At WalterFedy, collaboration is a key part of our identity. With so many talented professionals under one roof, you’ll find cross-discipline support for your projects is always within reach. Our team is made up of the industry’s best architects; civil, electrical, mechanical and structural engineers; technologists; energy and carbon specialists; asset and facility management specialists; construction managers and corporate services professionals. Together, we’re building better communities with smart, influential design.
What We Love
- You are ambitious in your pursuit to be the best
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
- Apply knowledge of codes, standards and construction technology to solve specific design problems and implement solutions
- Determine survey requirements for existing building conditions and plan effective gathering of information of existing measurements, equipment and services
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of information
- Develop drawings from rough architectural sketches, being able to fill in the detail in the spirit of the design
- Display a sound knowledge of architectural systems
- Review of shop drawings related to the fabrication of construction elements for accuracy
- Team oriented and collaborative, willing to mentor junior team members
- Knowledge of architectural engineering principles, methods and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of design, specifications, construction and contracting techniques
- Familiarity with construction related standards
- Excellent modelling and graphic presentation skills in Revit.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities, to be flexibility and shift priorities as needed to deal with demands of changed conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Completion of a Diploma in Architectural Technology, and/or registered or eligible for registration with OAAAS/OACETT would be considered an asset
- Competitive salary and vacation, plus performance-based bonus
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations
- Employee referral program
- Employee social club – employees enjoy a variety of recreational and cultural events
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, Hockey Helps the Homeless, KidsAbility and many other organizations
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements. To learn more about our company visit our website at www.walterfedy.com/about.
How to Apply
Please apply above. You can also visit our website for more career opportunities www.walterfedy.com/careers.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Technologist/Designer
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Kitchener, ON, Canada