Team Manager, Asset & Facilities Management
Hamilton, ON, Canada ● Kitchener, ON, Canada Req #103
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Role At a Glance
In this client-facing role, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Asset & Facilities Management (AFM) team. This includes overall strategic visioning, quality assurance, team leadership, and profit & loss management. You will develop and execute high-level strategy and specific goals that will result in the continued expansion of WalterFedy’s operations and practice area capabilities while supporting the company’s overall mission and objectives.
The AFM team is focused on helping our clients with long-term planning related to their assets and facilities. This is accomplished by providing a holistic approach to the design, operation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of building assets. The team focuses on master planning, reserve fund studies, inventory management, among other asset management activities. In order to support decision making while balancing, cost, profit, and risk. Our specialists cover both the financial aspects of planning as well as the engineering assessment.
This role will actively lead, direct and manage the Asset & Facilities Management portfolio of projects with a forward-thinking, solutions-based mindset to ensure customer and project team success.
You'll Enjoy This Role If
- You combine a strong technical background with strong financial acumen
- You are passionate about helping clients with long-term planning related to their assets
- You have a broad understanding of building systems and building system lifecycles
What You Will Do
- Creating and leading the strategic plan for their group
- Sharing the vision for the group with all team members and leading strategic planning initiatives
- Create and oversee succession planning for the group
- Resource planning and forecasting
- Overall analysis of the team makeup, identifying strengths and weaknesses of staff, and comparing to overall vision and ability to meet department needs
- Administer and ensure Business Development plan is followed, using resources within the group and external to the group as required.
- Establishing marketing plan and leading Business Development initiatives for the group
- Manage Business Development pipeline and backlog to match with resources and fiscal targets
- Responsible for Profit and Loss for their group
- Set and administer annual budgets, identifying areas for variance and creating action plans for any shortfalls
- Leading the hiring process for senior or strategic new hires
- Responsible for the performance of subordinate managers on their team through continuous evaluation, development and growth strategies
- Ensuring advancements are made in technologies that are relevant to the success of the group, evaluating the capabilities of the group today, and the vision for the group in the future
- Organizes and manages resource allocation for the team
- Responsible for overall work flow for their team
- Develops and oversees the quality management of the AFM team
- Ensures team deliverables are of high quality
- Act in place of the Business Unit Leader when he/she is not available, by attending required meetings, etc.
- Timesheet and expense approvals for Team Leaders
- Coordination and collaboration with other Managers/Team Leaders
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Science, Business or Engineering
- 10+ years of engineering design and/or asset management experience
- P.Eng designation would be an asset
Life at WalterFedy
As one of Southwestern Ontario’s leading integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firms, WalterFedy and our sister company, AEC, both play a leading role in shaping the way our communities feel and function – it’s an amazing responsibility.
Our ambition goes beyond great design – we’re here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to question the ordinary, infuse everything we do with creativity and challenge our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Kitchener, ON, Canada