Volunteer - Youth Advisory Council Member
We are currently looking for a Youth Advisory Council Member to join our team of committed professionals. This volunteer position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario in Sudbury, North Bay or Timmins. Under the direction of the Youth Advisory Council (YAC), the Youth Advisory Council Member provides leadership to the YMCA by working collaboratively with other councils and boards including but not limited to the Board of Directors.
START DATE: As soon as possible
LOCATION: Sudbury, North Bay or Timmins
HOURS: 1-3 hours per week
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Clear and efficient written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingualism in both official languages considered an asset
- Current and Satisfactory Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Attend and participate in regular YAC meetings
- Assist in identifying and accomplishing tasks to achieve council related goals in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with other councils and boards within and external to our organization
- Review and prepare documentation prior to meetings
- Maintain a professional decorum and appropriate confidentiality of sensitive topics discussed in relation to the YMCA, the YAC, and the goals of the organization
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Human Resources Department.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
Please note that candidates invited for an interview will be required to submit three professional references.
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.
Educational credentials completed outside of Canada require a copy of your World Education Services documents (WES) along with your credentials. If you do not have a WES document, please visit https://www.wes.org/ca/. Applications submitted without a WES document will not be considered.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada
- North Bay, ON, Canada
- Timmins, ON, Canada