Child Care Supply Educator
Looking for Passionate Child Care Workers to join our team!
Position(s) available: Multiple supply positions
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Available year round and able to provide a minimum of 2 full days availability that fall during the work week between the hours of 6:00am & 6:00pm
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C) certification
- Successful completion of Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector within the last 6 months
- Up-to-date immunizations
Hours of work:
Supply positions are on an as needed basis and provide no guaranteed hours. Coverage can be pre-planned or day of requests.
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $15.50-19.75 per hour depending on qualifications
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Provides quality care to all children in a licensed childcare environment
- Actively engages with children and ensures supervision and safety of children at all times
- Plans and implements a consistent child-centered program in accordance with YMCA curriculum’s Playing to Learn and A Place to Connect.
- Complies with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for working with children and providing quality play-based learning within a licensed childcare setting
- OR Registered Early Childhood Educators ** RECEs must be registered with their governing regulatory body or be willing to obtain registration**
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport with parents, children, staff and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
Please note only those individuals legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for employment with the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
The YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Individuals needing employment accommodation in the hiring process or job postings in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.50
- Max Hiring Rate $19.75
- Travel Required No
- Alliston, New Tecumseth, ON, Canada
- Angus, ON L0M, Canada
- Barrie, ON, Canada
- Bradford, Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON, Canada
- Collingwood, ON, Canada
- Innisfil, ON, Canada
- Midland, ON, Canada
- Minesing, ON, Canada
- Orillia, ON, Canada
- Oro-Medonte, ON, Canada
- Parry Sound, ON, Canada
- Penetang, Penetanguishene, ON L9M 1M7, Canada
- Stayner, ON L0M 1S0, Canada
- Tottenham, New Tecumseth, ON L0G 1W0, Canada
- Wasaga Beach, ON, Canada