Human Resources Specialist
Are you looking for a rewarding career in a fast paced and highly collaborative work environment? Are you organized, detail focused with a strong work ethic?
If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The nature of the role is dynamic and the scope of responsibilities may change from time to time to support evolving business needs, but a typical week looks like:
Talent Acquisition (70%)
- Full cycle recruitment
- Make sure we are attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry, working with project teams to build our talent pipeline
- Design, deliver, and continuously evaluate a best-in-class employee onboarding experience
Employee Engagement (15%)
- Collaborate with the HR team to develop strategies around engagement, diversity and inclusion and more
- Coordinates employee surveys, focus groups, and other feedback methods to identify work environment trends and improvement opportunities, and recommends strategies for improving employee engagement and retention.
Employee Relations (15%)
- Answer employee questions regarding policies, procedures
Reinforces the organization’s core values and behavioral expectations through modeling, communication, and coaching.
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- A University or College Diploma, preferably in business and specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Human Resources role providing advice and support in a full variety of HR functional areas; equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Highly organized with effective time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Strong knowledge of HR best practices and employment legislation
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- A total rewards package that includes an attractive salary and bonus program
- RRSP plan with employer matched contributions
- Comprehensive co-pay group insurance plan
- Annual leave that includes vacation and discretionary days, and
A share ownership plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- An annual wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
Office perks like a fully equipped kitchen with healthy snacks, treat trolly and catering…
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
This is a fourteen to sixteen-month Maternity Replacement position, with possibility of extension.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada