Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Project Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Project Management, you will be accountable for the success of a project included within a specific contract;
- Work with the assigned Project Leadership Team (ProLT) to plan, execute and implement the Project;
- Manage and monitor the progress of your Project against cost, time, scope and quality parameters;
- Act as the main conduit between the client and the Project Team;
- Oversee the work being executed within the Project Team to deliver high quality Production Drawings and 3D models as defined in the associated contract;
- Build strong relationships that go beyond the project to create and foster a collaborative team environment;
Travel will be required to meet with the distributed Project Teams, the client and other stakeholders.
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- 10+ years of Project Management experience, within a variety of different projects types and sizes;
- Formalized Project Management training. A PMP or PgMP would be a definite asset;
- Experience with technical specifications for shipbuilding or related field and/or experience;
- Contract management or administration experience would be an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership competencies in motivating others, exercising sound judgment and critical thinking skills are essential for this role;
- Other required competencies include the ability to influence and lead others in achieving a shared vision, provide strong customer service and achieve stakeholder satisfaction, effectively communicate orally and in writing with diverse groups, and handle multiple priorities with independence and good judgment;
- Experience using Project Management software – at minimum, Excel and MS Project;
Knowledge of a shipyard and production environment would be an asset.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
Employee profit-sharing plan and share ownership plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Ability to work remotely at home and in the office during the COVID-19 pandemic
Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada