Designer I - VI
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Designer, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and modify 3D models, fabrication drawings and drafting support according to project scope for structure and distributive systems;
- Update drawings from mark-ups and red lines;
- Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with Genoa’s quality management system;
- Compliance of 3D model with regulatory standards, classification rules (DNV, Lloyds/GL, etc), design guidelines, and client specific standards;
- Interpret technical, detail design and construction drawings related to the 3D model structural design and/or distributed systems;
Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned that relate to technical leadership and integration of Genoa’s projects.
WHO WE ARE
We think big while never losing sight of the details. The Genoa team approaches everyday by truly living our core values:
Put People First – make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
Create Lasting Relationships – offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
Own It – go the extra mile and take responsibility
Never Stand Still – welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
Live Well – find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Technical diploma or degree in a related discipline (naval architecture, marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience;
- Marine design experience in related discipline, either structure and/or distributed/marine systems, or a combination;
- Experience working directly with regulatory bodies and classification societies;
- Experience with 3D product models for new ship construction &/or refit projects;
- Experience in the use of AutoCad, Ship Constructor, AVEVA, Cadmatic, Foran or other ship design software would be an asset;Exposure to a shipyard or production environment is an asset;
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
- Employee profit-sharing plan and share ownership plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Ability to work remotely at home and in the office during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada