Do you go with the (cash) flow? While you balance our books, we’ll help you balance your life with our put people first philosophy – more about that below! The bottom line: we’re ready to invest in you to be our next asset.
We are recruiting a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Financial Analyst, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update customer & vendor information.
- Prepare and issue monthly sales invoices while adhering to specific client requirements, and confirm accuracy through internal reconciliation process.
- Complete analysis and financial reports to assist with the month end close process as required.
- Document and maintain key financial processes to support streamlining and optimizing business activities.
- Lead the forecasting & planning process through analyzing and sourcing inputs from company-wide stakeholders
- Conduct variance analysis comparing actual financial results to forecasts and make recommendations as required
- Gather and organize financial data from a variety of sources to be used for analysis and reporting
- Generate and analyze internal time sheet data as required to assist with the preparation of reporting
- Consolidate financial data and metrics into concise summaries to assist in the preparation of board of directors packages
- Create, enhance, and produce key internal financial reports & dashboards
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of recurring financial reports & dashboards
- Support our growing Innovation Group through preparing monthly government funding reports, developing pro-forma statements, writing business cases, and summarizing financial data for funding proposals
- Play a primary role in gathering inputs and completing analysis to support the company’s annual valuation process
WHO WE ARE
- make decisions and take actions that strengthen and support our team
- offer our clients and business partners the same respect and friendship we offer each other
- go the extra mile and take responsibility
- welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
- find balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body and soul
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field supplemented with a minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in finance
- Enrollment in the CPA program would be an asset
- Strong understanding of national and provincial funding programs and SR&ED reporting requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint. Power BI skills would be an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple responsibilities
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you. Really!
Genoa values the diversity of the people we hire, our customers and all others with whom we interact. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
Our collaborative, fun and team-focused workspace is designed to give everyone a voice & the opportunity to make meaningful contributions.
We’re an employee-owned company that’s done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation, discretionary days, and yay-cation days - because who doesn’t like extra vacation time?
- Employee profit-sharing plan and share ownership plan
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- $1000/yr wellness incentive to buy whatever makes you happy
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity
- Ability to work remotely at home and in the office during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge
You’ll be invited to enjoy assorted extras such as Genoa swag, values points, and COVID-friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that in inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all others with whom we interact.
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada